Current events for
|Events in space history for 01/03:|
- In January of 1976, NASA began printing a magazine called "Spinoff" which features by-products of space research used in everyday life(1976). Some space spinoffs are Teflon, heat resistant cookware, and artifical heart valves.
- First recovery of a meteorite via photographic search (1970).
- President Hoover made the presentation of the Collier Trophy for 1929 to Dr. Joseph S. Ames, Chairman of the NACA (1930).
- NASA's Space Task Group, charged with carrying out Project Mercury and other manned space flight programs, officially became a separate NASA field element (1961).
- NASA awarded contract to General Electric for an investigation of means of storing solar heat energy in satellites (1961).