SPECIAL EVENT IDEAS
If you're looking for more ways to bring the wonder of space to your school, arranging special events can be a fun and educational experience for students and teachers alike. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Organizing a space-themed science fair
- Planning a science expo, which could include demonstrations, presentations, hands-on activities, and more
- Hosting star gazing events
- Arrange a science night for parents and students
- Inviting a space professional to speak at your school
- Asking guests to attend Mission: Solar System simulations
- Holding an Orbital Laboratory® press conference
- Participating in online chats and inviting guests
- Entering nationwide contests
Planning a special event is an easy way to get your students involved in a hands-on manner while allowing parents, teachers, and community members to get a glimpse of the excitement of space education. If you wish to explore more ideas about planning special events and gaining publicity, check out the following pages.
Back to Index
Astronaut Bill Oefelein visits the classroom of Jason Daniels at Kalifornsky Beach Elementary School in Soldotna, Alaska.