1. The names of the Mars Exploration Rovers are Opportunity and:
2. When NASA's Mars Exploration Rovers' discovered evidence of ___________ on Mars, it was named the top scientific ''Breakthrough of the Year,'' in 2005, according to the journal Science.
3. Which one of these is NOT an instrument on the Mars Exploration Rovers:
Alpha Particle X-Ray Spectrometer
4. When were the Mars Explorer Rovers launched toward Mars?
June 10 and July 7, 2003
August 23 and August 30, 2003
July 7 and July 15, 2002
October 12 and November 4, 2003
5. Primary among the mission's scientific goals is to search for and characterize:
6. The landing sites are at _____________ and _______________:
Martian Crater and Mediterranean Planum
Armstrong Crater and Bass Planum
Storchev Crater and Cowani Planum
Gusev Crater and Meridiani Planum
7. Which one of the following is not one of NASA’s four science goals for the mission?
Determine whether life ever arose on Mars
Characterize the Anthropology of Mars
Characterize the Geology of Mars
Prepare for Human Exploration
8. The NASA _____________ is an international network of antennas that provide the communication links between the scientists and engineers on Earth to the Mars Exploration Rovers in space and on Mars.
NASA Planet Network
Deep Space Network
9. The Mars Exploration Rovers use what type of power:
10. What type of launch vehicle was used for each Mars Exploration Rover launch?