As the last trivia of the school year, test your knowledge of space events that have happened in the last year. All the answers can be found in previous issues of Space Explorers' online newsletter, the Planetary Times.
1. Einstein's Theory of Relativity was confirmed with precision more than 50 times more accurate than previous measurements by which NASA spacecraft?
2. Which planet came thousands of miles closer to Earth on August 27, 2003?
3. Which space agency launched a lunar probe in July 2003?
4. Who was named as the 2003 Youth Spokesperson(s) for World Space Week?
N*SYNC singer Lance Bass
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olson
5. Which country became the third nation to launch a person into space?
6. President Bush announced he would like to develop an outpost on what planet or moon?
Mars' moon, Phobos
7. The Hubble Telescope discovered which new planetoid in our solar system?
8. What did the NASA twin rovers discover was at some point present on the surface of Mars?
9. What absorbs sunlight in Saturn's atmosphere?
10. What are the names of the two rovers that landed on Mars in January 2004?
Getz and Gilberto
Rosetta and Philoe
Spirit and Opportunity
Brunsell and Marcks