1. What is the International Space Station (ISS)?
An orbiting multidisciplinary laboratory
A space shuttle
A large outpost that houses more than 20 astronauts
2. How many space flights will have to be flown to complete the International Space Station?
3. How many nations are working together to make the ISS the longest living orbital outpost to date?
4. Which President proposed that the United States, in cooperation with other countries, build a permanently inhabited space station?
5. Once complete, how much would the International Space Station weigh on Earth?
More than 1,000,000 lbs.
6. When did the assembly of the ISS in orbit begin?
7. Which of the following space vehicles were NOT used to complete the ISS?
Russian Proton rocket
8. When completed, how many astronauts will the ISS be able to house on a regular basis?
9. How often does the ISS orbit Earth?
Once every hour
Once every hour and a half
Once every three hours
10. Upon completion, the ISS will be
the size of a small city.
as large as a basketball court.
as large as a football field.