- Information Collected by Space Explorers,
Inc. Web Site
- System Logging: Space Explorers, Inc. does not track anonymous users of the website. Customers wishing to view the restricted portions of the website must log in. We will track individuals with this information for the purpose of allowing access to restricted web pages and recording test data.
- Internet Addresses: Space Explorers, Inc. does not collect IP addresses for any purpose and will not use IP addresses to identify someone unless required by a security breach.
- Restricted Web Site Information: In order to grant access to restricted portions of the website, Space Explorers, Inc. collects contact, username, and password information from its customers. Space Explorers, Inc. Program Access (SEIPA) is a database of this information. SEIPA collects its information via forms on the Web. It contains the names, school addresses, school phone numbers, e-mail addresses, usernames, numbers of students, subjects taught, and passwords of Space Explorers' customers for the express and only purpose of verification, contact concerning access status, and granting access to restricted areas of the website.
- Student Information: In order to aid our customers in the act of tracking student development through the use of pre- and post-tests, Space Explorers, Inc. allows its customers to record some personal information about their students, who may be under 13 years of age. This information is used expressly and only for the purpose of recording pre- and post-test data, allowing access to the restricted student sections of the website, and identification of the students on chats and message boards. Only the student's first name, last name, username, and password are collected. This is done through a web form located in the SEIPA section of the website.
- Application to Web Site: This Policy applies only to information Space Explorers, Inc. ("Space Explorers, Inc." or "we") gathers directly through its website. The Policy does not apply to information Space Explorers, Inc. obtains in any other way.
- Newsletter Collection Information
Space Explorers, Inc.'s electronic newsletter Planetary Times and initiative-specific newsletter programs (such as the RIMSTE Planetary Times) are subscription-based newsletters. Subscribers submit their e-mail addresses to Space Explorers, Inc., for the express and only purpose of receiving the newsletter. These addresses are collected either through a form on the website or an option in Space Explorers, Inc. Program Access.
- Customer Survey Collection Information
In order to comply with various grants that make Space Explorers programs available to many of our customers, Space Explorers, Inc. needs to collect demographic information from its customers. The type of information may vary according to the grant.
- Purchases Made Online
Space Explorers, Inc. sells various products through its website. We know security is important when ordering online. We take active steps to ensure the security of information you provide to us, including using secure sever pages to help ensure that data is safely encrypted.
- How We Disclose Your Information
- Space Explorers, Inc. understands that your personal information is sensitive and confidential. We limit voluntary disclosures of your personal information to those that help provide you with products and services (for example, sending an e-mail to you about information you requested) that are reasonably necessary for our business transactions (for example, providing information to a subcontractor who performs services on our behalf), or that are required by law (for example, pursuant to a court-approved subpoena).
- Space Explorers, Inc. takes steps to ensure that no accidental or involuntary disclosures of personal information occur. For example, we use software to electronically protect personal information. We also train our employees on our privacy practices.
- Right to Modify, Amend or Terminate
Space Explorers, Inc. intends to comply with this Policy for the indefinite future. However, we reserve the right to modify, amend or terminate this Policy. We also reserve the right to apply any such change retroactively to information we hold, regardless of the terms of the Policy in existence at the time we collected the information.
This Policy was last amended March 11, 2004.